UPC’s Smoked Salmon Bento Box
Ok, I’ll admit it… I’m an addict! I’m an unmitigated food addict. It’s always been my “drug of choice,” so to speak, and that hasn’t changed one iota over the years. And I love it!!
“I’m UPC, and I’m an addict.”
All jokes (mostly) aside, these Bento-Box lunches have been leaving me seriously looking forward to my lunch every day! It’s not like I don’t normally enjoy my food. Of course I do, it’s made by my favorite chef! No, this is another situation entirely. I thoroughly enjoy the idea of being in a position to easily, painlessly carry a full meal, and a full-looking meal, all the way to work with me to eat at my leisure. It’s truly a delight.
Smoked Salmon Bento-Box; What you’ll need:
- Smoked Salmon:
- 12 oz Smoked Salmon
- 2 oz “Glaze” (Apple Cider Vinegar (or any flavor), Olive Oil, Black Peppercorns, Whole Mustard Seeds; mixed together and soaked for a day)
- Salad Eggs
- Favorite Mixed Greens
- 1 cup Celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 large Avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Cook and prep time: 30 minutes
1. Prepare the Salad Eggs. I used ham, basil, and carrots for this Salad Eggs dish.
2. In a pan, sear the smoked salmon on high heat for about 1 minute per side.
3. After turning off the heat, paint the salmon with the glaze, leaving the salmon in the pan so that the glaze can thicken in the heat. Let the salmon sit in the glaze for 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Slice the salmon and put it in the Bento Box.
5. Mix the salad ingredients and add them to the Bento Box.
6. Add the Salad Eggs to the Bento Box. And bring it to work to enjoy!
- What kinds of lunch foods get you excited?
- Do you ever eat seafood for lunch?
- Do you prefer smoked salmon, or another preparation method?
- Do you prefer a different salmon preparation for a different meal? Have you ever thought about it?