UPC’s Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding
It’s been a while since I did a dessert recipe for you. You’ll have to forgive me to for not putting together very many desserts; I think this may only be the third one I’ve posted. The truth is: I really don’t eat a lot of desserts. 95% of the time, if I’m looking for something to round out my relaxation after a meal, I’ll turn to chocolate or dried mango. Obviously those count as a dessert, but there’s just not much to blog about with those, so I usually focus more on my meals. And since I don’t eat desserts often, I don’t have very much material to share! But that doesn’t mean that the few times I am inspired to whip up something special I won’t take pictures of it and let you all know how to make it work, now does it? So today’s recipe: Chocolate raspberry chia pudding!
UPC’s Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding; What you’ll need:
- 1/2 pint Organic Raspberries (preferably fresh; but frozen will work)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Coconut Water
1. Put the raspberries in a large mixing bowl and mash them thoroughly with a potato masher.
2. Add the chia, coconut water, and honey to the bowl, and continue to mix and mash thoroughly.
3. Finally add the cocoa powder, and stir slowly and thoroughly with a spoon for at least 60 seconds, but up to 2 minutes if you can stand it.
4. Let the mush stand on the counter for 20 minutes, stirring thoroughly every 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the mush to a jar of appropriate size, and put it in the refrigerator for a day. For best results, shake the jar vigorously a few times throughout the day.
Serve and enjoy!
This will be quite good if you eat it the same day; but far better after a day of sitting. So if you need to make it before dinner to serve after dinner, it will still be just fine!
If you’re interested, you can put a light coating of coconut oil in a cup, pour some of the pudding in, and freeze it for a frozen dessert or an after-workout treat! The coconut oil will make it really easy to pull out, and won’t make it any less delicious.
- What kinds of desserts do you normally eat?
- Do you make any of your own desserts? Is there a special recipe?
- How many of your desserts are “multi-purpose” desserts?
- Would you like to see more UPC desserts?
- Do you want more pudding? More like the Coconut Delight that I made months ago? Or maybe like the Chocolate Energy Bar that I made as a guest post?