Day 31 of my 90-day challenge.
- Morning Workout:
- Afternoon Workout: Speed
- 2 miles warm-up
- 2 miles cool-down
- I did a full-length 200-sprint session (12 200s, total):
- 32, 36, 35, 35, 35, 35, 35, 34, 35, 35, 35, 35
- After my 12 200s: I did 2 35 second hill-sprints.
- And I did a 200 jog in between each 200 sprint (I was on a track) to complete the lap.
- Total Mileage: 7 Mile
- Weekly Total: 9 Miles
- Celery and Mushroom Eggs
- Morning Snack:
- Lunch: Salad
- Mixed salad greens, Ham, Carrots, Mushrooms, Tomato, Leeks, Olive Oil
- Afternoon Snack:
- Braised Ham-Steak with slow-cooked carrots and mushrooms.
This 200 workout was awesome! It was really exciting for me to be able to hold my goal pace of 35 seconds for the entire workout! It wasn’t too surprising when I broke the goal pace (with a 32) on my first sprint, nor was the 36 too surprising. Getting your speed right takes practice. But then I dialed it in and stayed right on the 35 second mark for the remainder of the workout!!
This is a huge win for me! I think I need to drop another 2-3 seconds by the end of the summer, and be able to sustain 32 seconds, or so, for a full-length sprint workout (16-20 by that point?). But even hitting and maintaining a 35 for the full length is a great feeling, and really pumps me up for keeping this thing going strong! I had just a little left over after finishing the 12 that I set out to do. Rather than tacking on another 4 200s, my wife suggested that I take it to the hills, and give myself some 35-second all-outs and see if I can get close to the 200 marker. My first sprint was close. My second one was not so close…